Junior Thespian Festival
Check out our coverage of the Junior Thespian Festival 2013 on the Strut & Fret blog and Facebook!
Junior Thespian Festival 2013 was a great weekend. Thank you to the talented young artists, committed teachers, and gracious host, Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School for making the event so special.
Put Junior Thespian Festival 2014, February 28-March 2, on your calendars. Next year's event, hosted by Junior Thespian troupe 88607, will be held at Coppell Middle School West just outside of Dallas, Texas. For more information on the Junior Thespian Festival 2014, email Craig Branch.
The Junior Thespian Festival is a three-day celebration of theatre for middle school students (grades six through eight) and their teachers. This event provides Junior Thespians with opportunities to develop their theatre skills, make new friends, and share the theatre experience with their peers and teachers from around the country.
The Junior Thespian Festival features:
- Workshops specifically for middle school theatre students.
- The Team Play-Create program in which students collaborate to create an original short-play inspired by the Junior Festival theme.
- Performance opportunities for troupes and the chance to enjoy a variety of work from many different middle schools.
- The Junior Tech Challenge is a hands-on event that teaches many fundamental technical theatre skills including hanging and focusing a light, knot-tying, prop shift and running crew, and costume quick change.
- The Junior National Individual Events Showcase (JNIES) program which gives students the chance to develop their skills and receive instructional feedback.
For more on what Junior Thespian Festival 2013 had to offer, explore the Junior Festival program.